Plating & Coating Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
Description : Set up, operate, or tend plating or coating machines to coat metal or plastic products with chromium, zinc, copper, cadmium, nickel, or other metal to protect or decorate surfaces. Includes electrolytic processes.
JobTitles : Plater, Line Operator, Coater Operator, Machine Operator, Anodizer, Anodizing Line Operator, Chrome Plater, Coater Associate, Electro Plater, Hard Chrome Plater
- Inspect coated or plated areas for defects such as air bubbles or uneven coverage.
- Immerse objects to be coated or plated into cleaning solutions, or spray objects with conductive solutions to prepare them for plating.
- Immerse workpieces in coating solutions or liquid metal or plastic for specified times.
- Set up, operate, or tend plating or coating machines to coat metal or plastic products with chromium, zinc, copper, cadmium, nickel, or other metal to protect or decorate surfaces.
- Position and feed materials into processing machines, by hand or by using automated equipment.
- Test machinery to ensure that it is operating properly.
- Operate hoists to place workpieces onto machine feed carriages or spindles.
- Maintain production records.
- Adjust controls to set temperatures of coating substances and speeds of machines and equipment.
- Remove objects from solutions at periodic intervals and observe objects to verify conformance to specifications.