Textile Winding, Twisting, & Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
Description : Set up, operate, or tend machines that wind or twist textiles; or draw out and combine sliver, such as wool, hemp, or synthetic fibers. Includes slubber machine and drawing frame operators.
JobTitles : Winder Operator, Twister Operator, Spinner, Winder Tender, Back Winder, Computer Integrated Manufacturing Operator (CIM Operator), Utility Operator Yarn, Doubler Operator, Drawing Operator, Industrial Twisting Machine Operator
- Notify supervisors or mechanics of equipment malfunctions.
- Start machines, monitor operation, and make adjustments as needed.
- Tend machines with multiple winding units that wind thread onto shuttle bobbins for use on sewing machines or other kinds of bobbins for sole-stitching, knitting, or weaving machinery.
- Inspect products to verify that they meet specifications and to determine whether machine adjustment is needed.
- Tend machines that twist together two or more strands of yarn or insert additional twists into single strands of yarn to increase strength, smoothness, or uniformity of yarn.
- Replace depleted supply packages with full packages.
- Observe operations to detect defects, malfunctions, or supply shortages.
- Thread yarn, thread, or fabric through guides, needles, and rollers of machines.
- Operate machines for test runs to verify adjustments and to obtain product samples.
- Inspect machinery to determine whether repairs are needed.