Biomass Plant Technicians
Description : Control and monitor biomass plant activities and perform maintenance as needed.
JobTitles : Auxiliary Engineer, Auxiliary Operator, Biomass Facilitator, Boiler Operator, Control Room Operator, Equipment Operator, Fuel Handler, Fuel Quality Tech, Instrumentation and Controls Technician, Plant Operator
- Operate biomass fuel-burning boiler or biomass fuel gasification system equipment in accordance with specifications or instructions.
- Operate valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust production of biofuels or biomass-fueled power.
- Operate equipment to start, stop, or regulate biomass-fueled generators, generator units, boilers, engines, or auxiliary systems.
- Inspect biomass power plant or processing equipment, recording or reporting damage and mechanical problems.
- Record or report operational data such as readings on meters, instruments, and gauges.
- Clean work areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Measure and monitor raw biomass feedstock, including wood, waste, or refuse materials.
- Perform routine maintenance or make minor repairs to mechanical, electrical, or electronic equipment in biomass plants.
- Read and interpret instruction manuals or technical drawings related to biomass-fueled power or biofuels production equipment or processes.
- Operate high-pressure steam boiler or water chiller equipment for electrical cogeneration operations.