Extruding, Forming, Pressing, & Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
Description : Set up, operate, or tend machines, such as glass forming machines, plodder machines, and tuber machines, to shape and form products, such as glassware, food, rubber, soap, brick, tile, clay, wax, tobacco, or cosmetics.
JobTitles : Machine Operator, Extruder Operator, Extrusion Operator, Tuber Operator, Upkeep Mechanic, Glass Forming Crew Member, Job Change Crew Member, Microwave Extruder Operator, Mill Room Machine Operator, Rubber Extrusion Operator
- Adjust machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, and temperatures, and amounts, dimensions, and flow of materials or ingredients.
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as templates, micrometers, or scales.
- Monitor machine operations and observe lights and gauges to detect malfunctions.
- Press control buttons to activate machinery and equipment.
- Turn controls to adjust machine functions, such as regulating air pressure, creating vacuums, and adjusting coolant flow.
- Review work orders, specifications, or instructions to determine materials, ingredients, procedures, components, settings, and adjustments for extruding, forming, pressing, or compacting machines.
- Select and install machine components such as dies, molds, and cutters, according to specifications, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Record and maintain production data such as meter readings, and quantities, types, and dimensions of materials produced.
- Notify supervisors when extruded filaments fail to meet standards.
- Synchronize speeds of sections of machines when producing products involving several steps or processes.