Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators & Tenders
Description : Operate or tend bonding machines that use adhesives to join items for further processing or to form a completed product. Processes include joining veneer sheets into plywood; gluing paper; or joining rubber and rubberized fabric parts, plastic, simulated leather, or other materials.
JobTitles : Machine Operator, Glue Line Operator, Process Assistant, Utility Worker, Bindery Worker, Coater Operator, Glue Reel Operator, Gluer Machine Operator, Gluing Pressman, Perfect Bind Machine Operator
- Examine and measure completed materials or products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring devices such as tape measures, gauges, or calipers.
- Adjust machine components according to specifications such as widths, lengths, and thickness of materials and amounts of glue, cement, or adhesive required.
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and report or resolve problems.
- Read work orders and communicate with coworkers to determine machine and equipment settings and adjustments and supply and product specifications.
- Fill machines with glue, cement, or adhesives.
- Mount or load material such as paper, plastic, wood, or rubber in feeding mechanisms of cementing or gluing machines.
- Maintain production records such as quantities, dimensions, and thicknesses of materials processed.
- Start machines, and turn valves or move controls to feed, admit, apply, or transfer materials and adhesives, and to adjust temperature, pressure, and time settings.
- Perform test production runs and make adjustments as necessary to ensure that completed products meet standards and specifications.
- Remove jammed materials from machines and readjust components as necessary to resume normal operations.