Molding & Casting Workers
Description : Perform a variety of duties such as mixing materials, assembling mold parts, filling molds, and stacking molds to mold and cast a wide range of products.
JobTitles : Press Operator, Mold Mechanic, Bed Laborer, Caster, Molder, Molding Line Operator, Fabricator, Injection Molding Machine Operator, Molding Line Assistant, Production Worker
- Brush or spray mold surfaces with parting agents or insert paper into molds to ensure smoothness and prevent sticking or seepage.
- Clean, finish, and lubricate molds and mold parts.
- Separate models or patterns from molds and examine products for accuracy.
- Pour, pack, spread, or press plaster, concrete, liquid plastic, or other materials into or around models or molds.
- Operate and adjust controls of heating equipment to melt material or to cure, dry, or bake filled molds.
- Read work orders or examine parts to determine parts or sections of products to be produced.
- Load or stack filled molds in ovens, dryers, or curing boxes, or on storage racks or carts.
- Set the proper operating temperature for each casting.
- Measure and cut products to specified dimensions, using measuring and cutting instruments.
- Remove excess materials and level and smooth wet mold mixtures.