Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
Description : Set up, operate, or tend paper goods machines that perform a variety of functions, such as converting, sawing, corrugating, banding, wrapping, boxing, stitching, forming, or sealing paper or paperboard sheets into products.
JobTitles : Paper Machine Operator, Folder Machine Operator, Winder Operator, Paper Machine Backtender, Stitching Machine Operator, Paper Cutter Operator, Corrugator Operator, Winderman, Gluer Machine Setup Operator, Knife Operator
- Examine completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work orders, and adjust machinery as necessary to correct production problems.
- Start machines and move controls to regulate tension on pressure rolls, to synchronize speed of machine components, and to adjust temperatures of glue or paraffin.
- Adjust guide assemblies, forming bars, and folding mechanisms according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Install attachments to machines for gluing, folding, printing, or cutting.
- Measure, space, and set saw blades, cutters, and perforators, according to product specifications.
- Observe operation of various machines to detect and correct machine malfunctions such as improper forming, glue flow, or pasteboard tension.
- Stamp products with information such as dates, using hand stamps or automatic stamping devices.
- Place rolls of paper or cardboard on machine feed tracks, and thread paper through gluing, coating, and slitting rollers.
- Fill glue and paraffin reservoirs, and position rollers to dispense glue onto paperboard.
- Cut products to specified dimensions, using hand or power cutters.