Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
Description : Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
JobTitles : Ramp Supervisor, Equipment Service Lead, Cargo Supervisor, Operations Supervisor, Line Service Supervisor (LSS), Loadmaster, Ground Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager, Ramp Lead, Sort Operations Supervisor
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.