Ambulance Drivers & Attendants
Description : Drive ambulance or assist ambulance driver in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons. Assist in lifting patients.
JobTitles : Ambulance Driver, EMS Driver (Emergency Medical Services Driver), Driver, Driver Medic, First Responder, Emergency Care Attendant (ECA), Ambulance Attendant, CPR Ambulance Driver (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Ambulance Driver), Medical Van Driver (Medi-Van Driver), Emergency Vehicle Operator
- Drive ambulances or assist ambulance drivers in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons.
- Remove and replace soiled linens or equipment to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Place patients on stretchers and load stretchers into ambulances, usually with assistance from other attendants.
- Accompany and assist emergency medical technicians on calls.
- Earn and maintain appropriate certifications.
- Replace supplies and disposable items on ambulances.
- Report facts concerning accidents or emergencies to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
- Administer first aid, such as bandaging, splinting, or administering oxygen.
- Restrain or shackle violent patients.