Bus Drivers, Transit & Intercity
Description : Drive bus or motor coach, including regular route operations, charters, and private carriage. May assist passengers with baggage. May collect fares or tickets.
JobTitles : Bus Driver, Bus Operator, Motor Coach Operator, Motor Coach Driver, Transit Bus Driver, Transit Coach Operator, Transit Operator, Charter Driver, Driver, Charter Coach Driver
- Drive vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules, complying with traffic regulations to ensure that passengers have a smooth and safe ride.
- Park vehicles at loading areas so that passengers can board.
- Advise passengers to be seated and orderly while on vehicles.
- Inspect vehicles, and check gas, oil, and water levels prior to departure.
- Assist passengers, such as elderly or disabled individuals, on and off bus, ensure they are seated properly, help carry baggage, and answer questions about bus schedules or routes.
- Handle passenger emergencies or disruptions.
- Record information, such as cash receipts and ticket fares, and maintain log book.
- Collect tickets or cash fares from passengers.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
- Report delays or accidents.