Bus Drivers, School or Special Client
Description : Transport students or special clients, such as the elderly or persons with disabilities. Ensure adherence to safety rules. May assist passengers in boarding or exiting.
JobTitles : School Bus Driver, Bus Driver, Driver, School Bus Driver/Teacher Assistant, Special Education Bus Driver, School Bus Driver/Custodian, School Bus Driver/Mechanic, Shuttle Bus Driver, Bus Driver/Monitor, Special Needs Bus Driver
- Follow safety rules as students board and exit buses or cross streets near bus stops.
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Maintain order among pupils during trips to ensure safety.
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Escort small children across roads and highways.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Pick up and drop off students at regularly scheduled neighborhood locations, following strict time schedules.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, mileage, fuel consumption, or fares received.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.