Taxi Drivers & Chauffeurs
Description : Drive automobiles, vans, or limousines to transport passengers. May occasionally carry cargo. Includes hearse drivers.
JobTitles : Chauffeur, Van Driver, Shuttle Driver, Taxi Driver, Driver, Limo Driver, Limousine Driver (Limo Driver), Cab Driver, Patient Transportation Driver, Taxi Cab Driver
- Follow relevant safety regulations and state laws governing vehicle operation and ensure that passengers follow safety regulations.
- Test vehicle equipment such as lights, brakes, horns, or windshield wipers, to ensure proper operation.
- Arrange to pick up particular customers or groups on a regular schedule.
- Provide passengers with assistance entering and exiting vehicles, and help them with any luggage.
- Notify dispatchers or company mechanics of vehicle problems.
- Complete accident reports when necessary.
- Communicate with dispatchers by radio, telephone, or computer to exchange information and receive requests for passenger service.
- Drive taxicabs, limousines, company cars, or privately owned vehicles to transport passengers.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance such as regulating tire pressure and adding gasoline, oil, and water.
- Pick up passengers at prearranged locations, at taxi stands, or by cruising streets in high traffic areas.