Description : Operate power pumps and auxiliary equipment to produce flow of oil or gas from wells in oil field.
JobTitles : Pumper, Lease Operator, Well Tender, Operations Technician, Wellhead Pumper, Oilfield Plant and Field Operator, Production Operator, Multi-Skilled Operator, Well Head Pumper, Gauger
- Monitor control panels during pumping operations to ensure that materials are being pumped at the correct pressure, density, rate, and concentration.
- Operate engines and pumps to shut off wells according to production schedules, and to switch flow of oil into storage tanks.
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Repair gas and oil meters and gauges.
- Unload and assemble pipes and pumping equipment, using hand tools.
- Attach pumps and hoses to wellheads.
- Start compressor engines and divert oil from storage tanks into compressor units and auxiliary equipment to recover natural gas from oil.
- Open valves to return compressed gas to bottoms of specified wells to repressurize them and force oil to surface.
- Supervise oil pumpers and other workers engaged in producing oil from wells.
- Drive trucks to transport high-pressure pumping equipment, and chemicals, fluids, or gases to be pumped into wells.