Quality Control Systems Managers
Description : Plan, direct, or coordinate quality assurance programs. Formulate quality control policies and control quality of laboratory and production efforts.
JobTitles : Associate Director, QA; Director of Quality; Lab Manager; Laboratory Manager; QA Manager; Quality Assurance Manager; Quality Control; Quality Control Manager; Quality Control Supervisor; Quality Manager
- Collect and analyze production samples to evaluate quality.
- Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
- Stop production if serious product defects are present.
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors.
- Instruct staff in quality control and analytical procedures.
- Produce reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analyses, or quality trends.
- Participate in the development of product specifications.
- Review statistical studies, technological advances, or regulatory standards and trends to stay abreast of issues in the field of quality control.
- Identify critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points.