Description : Plan, direct, or coordinate the transportation operations within an organization or the activities of organizations that provide transportation services.
JobTitles : Trainmaster, Dispatcher, Train Master, Transportation Manager, Freight Coordinator, Transportation Director, Fleet Manager, Global Transportation Manager, Traffic Manager, Train Operations Manager
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
- Set operations policies and standards, including determining safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods.
- Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Negotiate and authorize contracts with equipment and materials suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment.
- Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Supervise workers assigning tariff classifications and preparing billing.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
- Direct procurement processes including equipment research and testing, vendor contracts, or requisitions approval.