Description : Direct and coordinate, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities of workers engaged in fish hatchery production for corporations, cooperatives, or other owners.
JobTitles : Aquaculture Cooperative Marketing Director, Aquaculture Director, Aquaculture Program Director, Farm Operations Technical Director, Finfish Aquaculture Specialist, Hatchery Manager, Recirculating Aquaculture Systems Specialist
- Grow fish and shellfish as cash crops or for release into freshwater or saltwater.
- Supervise and train aquaculture and fish hatchery support workers.
- Collect and record growth, production, and environmental data.
- Conduct and supervise stock examinations in order to identify diseases or parasites.
- Account for and disburse funds.
- Devise and participate in activities to improve fish hatching and growth rates, and to prevent disease in hatcheries.
- Monitor environments to ensure maintenance of optimum conditions for aquatic life.
- Direct and monitor trapping and spawning of fish, egg incubation, and fry rearing, applying knowledge of management and fish culturing techniques.
- Coordinate the selection and maintenance of brood stock.
- Direct and monitor the transfer of mature fish to lakes, ponds, streams, or commercial tanks.