Postmasters & Mail Superintendents
Description : Plan, direct, or coordinate operational, administrative, management, and supportive services of a U.S. post office; or coordinate activities of workers engaged in postal and related work in assigned post office.
JobTitles : Distribution Operation Supervisor (SDO), Postmaster, Distribution Operations Manager, Remote Encoding Center Manager, Remote Encoding Operations Supervisor, Computerized Forwarding System Supervisor, Mail Delivery Supervisor, Postal Supervisor, Postmaster Relief (PMR)
- Organize and supervise activities such as the processing of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Direct and coordinate operational, management, and supportive services of one or a number of postal facilities.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Hire and train employees, and evaluate their performance.
- Prepare employee work schedules.
- Prepare and submit detailed and summary reports of post office activities to designated supervisors.
- Negotiate labor disputes.
- Collect rents for post office boxes.
- Issue and cash money orders.
- Inform the public of available services, and of postal laws and regulations.