Brownfield Redevelopment Specialists & Site Managers
Description : Plan and direct cleanup and redevelopment of contaminated properties for reuse. Does not include properties sufficiently contaminated to qualify as Superfund sites.
JobTitles : Brownfield Program Coordinator; Brownfield and Economic Development Director; Business Development Manager; Chief of Planning; Deputy Commissioner; Director; Director of Development; Environmental Program Manager; Manager, Division of Environmental Quality; Senior Environmental Practice Leader
- Coordinate on-site activities for environmental cleanup or remediation projects to ensure compliance with environmental laws, standards, regulations, or other requirements.
- Estimate costs for environmental cleanup and remediation of land redevelopment projects.
- Inspect sites to assess environmental damage or monitor cleanup progress.
- Prepare reports or presentations to communicate brownfield redevelopment needs, status, or progress.
- Identify environmental contamination sources.
- Plan or implement brownfield redevelopment projects to ensure safety, quality, and compliance with applicable standards or requirements.
- Review or evaluate environmental remediation project proposals.
- Negotiate contracts for services or materials needed for environmental remediation.
- Conduct feasibility or cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Maintain records of decisions, actions, and progress related to environmental redevelopment projects.