Business Continuity Planners
Description : Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
JobTitles : Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director, Business Continuity Coordinator, Business Continuity Manager, Business Continuity Analyst, Business Continuity Global Director, Business Continuity Management Director, Business Continuity Planning Director, Business Continuity Strategy Director, IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager), IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.