Appraisers, Real Estate
Description : Appraise real property to determine its value for purchase, sales, investment, mortgage, or loan purposes.
JobTitles : Real Estate Appraiser, Appraiser, Staff Appraiser, Certified Real Estate Appraiser, Residential Real Estate Appraiser, Commercial Real Estate Appraiser, Engagement Director, Residential Fee Appraiser, Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser, Real Property Appraiser
- Prepare written reports that estimate property values, outline methods by which the estimations were made, and meet appraisal standards.
- Compute final estimation of property values, taking into account such factors as depreciation, replacement costs, value comparisons of similar properties, and income potential.
- Search public records for transactions such as sales, leases, and assessments.
- Inspect properties to evaluate construction, condition, special features, and functional design, and to take property measurements.
- Photograph interiors and exteriors of properties to assist in estimating property value, substantiate findings, and complete appraisal reports.
- Evaluate land and neighborhoods where properties are situated, considering locations and trends or impending changes that could influence future values.
- Obtain county land values and sales information about nearby properties to aid in establishment of property values.
- Verify legal descriptions of properties by comparing them to county records.
- Check building codes and zoning bylaws to determine any effects on the properties being appraised.
- Estimate building replacement costs using building valuation manuals and professional cost estimators.