Electronics Engineering Technicians
Description : Lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair, and modify developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer equipment, missile control instrumentation, electron tubes, test equipment, and machine tool numerical controls, applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics. Usually work under direction of engineering staff.
JobTitles : Digital Tech (Digital Technician), Electrical Technician, Electronics Engineering Technician, Electronics Technician, Engineering Technician (Engineering Tech), Failure Analysis Technician (FA Technician), Refurbish Technician (Refurb Tech), Senior Electronics Technician, Technician, Test Technician
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling electronics units, applying knowledge of electronic theory and components.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers or field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts.
- Test electronics units, using standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance and determine need for adjustment.
- Adjust or replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry or electronics components, using hand tools or soldering iron.
- Assemble, test, or maintain circuitry or electronic components, according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, or knowledge of electronics, using hand or power tools.
- Perform preventative maintenance or calibration of equipment or systems.
- Maintain system logs or manuals to document testing or operation of equipment.
- Provide customer support and education, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems, or to provide information on product use.
- Write reports or record data on testing techniques, laboratory equipment, or specifications to assist engineers.
- Procure parts and maintain inventory and related documentation.