Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in biological sciences. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Biology Professor, Professor, Biology Instructor, Biological Sciences Professor, Assistant Professor of Biology, Professor of Biology, Associate Professor, Instructor, Associate Professor of Biology, Assistant Professor
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as molecular biology, marine biology, and botany.
- Prepare materials for laboratory activities and course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Supervise students' laboratory work.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Assist students who need extra help with their coursework outside of class.