Chemistry Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses pertaining to the chemical and physical properties and compositional changes of substances. Work may include instruction in the methods of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching, and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Chemistry Professor, Professor, Chemistry Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Instructor, Associate Professor of Chemistry, Professor of Chemistry, Chemistry Faculty Member, Adjunct Instructor
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory performance, assignments, and papers.
- Supervise students' laboratory work.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, and chemical separation.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Establish, teach, and monitor students' compliance with safety rules for handling chemicals, equipment, and other hazardous materials.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.