Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in sociology. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Sociology Professor, Professor, Sociology Instructor, Assistant Professor, Instructor, Social Science Instructor, Professor of Sociology, Lecturer, Associate Professor of Sociology, Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as race and ethnic relations, measurement and data collection, and workplace social relations.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks and laboratory equipment.