Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in criminal justice, corrections, and law enforcement administration. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Criminal Justice Professor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Instructor, Sociology Professor, Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice, Professor of Criminal Justice, Adjunct Instructor, Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as criminal law, defensive policing, and investigation techniques.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.