Public Relations Specialists
Description : Engage in promoting or creating an intended public image for individuals, groups, or organizations. May write or select material for release to various communications media.
JobTitles : Account Executive, Public Affairs Specialist, Public Relations Specialist (PR Specialist), Public Information Officer, Communications Director, Communications Specialist, Public Information Specialist, Public Relations Coordinator, Corporate Communications Specialist, Media Relations Specialist
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Study the objectives, promotional policies, or needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products, or services.
- Plan or direct development or communication of informational programs to maintain favorable public or stockholder perceptions of an organization's accomplishments or agenda.
- Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, or public interest groups.
- Prepare or edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including employee newsletters and stockholders' reports.
- Coach client representatives in effective communication with the public or with employees.
- Confer with production or support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements or promotions.
- Confer with other managers to identify trends or key group interests or concerns or to provide advice on business decisions.
- Arrange public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for clients to increase product or service awareness or to promote goodwill.
- Consult with advertising agencies or staff to arrange promotional campaigns in all types of media for products, organizations, or individuals.