Description : Diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases and injuries of the eyes and related structures.
JobTitles : Comprehensive Ophthalmologist; Director, Emergency Ophthalmology Services; General Ophthalmologist; Ophthalmologist; Ophthalmologist-Retina Specialist; Pediatric Ophthalmologist; Physician; Retina Subspecialist; Retinal Surgeon; Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon
- Perform ophthalmic surgeries such as cataract, glaucoma, refractive, corneal, vitro-retinal, eye muscle, and oculoplastic surgeries.
- Perform comprehensive examinations of the visual system to determine the nature or extent of ocular disorders.
- Diagnose or treat injuries, disorders, or diseases of the eye and eye structures including the cornea, sclera, conjunctiva, or eyelids.
- Document or evaluate patients' medical histories.
- Provide or direct the provision of postoperative care.
- Perform, order, or interpret the results of diagnostic or clinical tests.
- Develop treatment plans based on patients' histories and goals, the nature and severity of disorders, and treatment risks and benefits.
- Prescribe or administer topical or systemic medications to treat ophthalmic conditions and to manage pain.
- Perform laser surgeries to alter, remove, reshape, or replace ocular tissue.
- Provide ophthalmic consultation to other medical professionals.