Police Patrol Officers
Description : Patrol assigned area to enforce laws and ordinances, regulate traffic, control crowds, prevent crime, and arrest violators.
JobTitles : Police Officer, Patrolman, Patrol Officer, Police Sergeant, State Trooper, Police Patrol Officer, Public Safety Officer, Law Enforcement Officer, Alcohol Law Enforcement Agent, Officer
- Provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations.
- Record facts to prepare reports that document incidents and activities.
- Monitor, note, report, and investigate suspicious persons and situations, safety hazards, and unusual or illegal activity in patrol area.
- Identify, pursue, and arrest suspects and perpetrators of criminal acts.
- Patrol specific area on foot, horseback, or motorized conveyance, responding promptly to calls for assistance.
- Review facts of incidents to determine if criminal act or statute violations were involved.
- Render aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid for physical injuries.
- Investigate traffic accidents and other accidents to determine causes and to determine if a crime has been committed.
- Testify in court to present evidence or act as witness in traffic and criminal cases.
- Photograph or draw diagrams of crime or accident scenes and interview principals and eyewitnesses.