Motion Picture Projectionists
Description : Set up and operate motion picture projection and related sound reproduction equipment.
JobTitles : Projectionist, Booth Usher, Booth Manager, Booth Operator, Booth Supervisor, Projector Booth Operator, Motion Picture Projectionist, Projection Technician, Movie Projectionist
- Insert film into top magazine reel, or thread film through a series of sprockets and guide rollers, attaching the end to a take-up reel.
- Start projectors and open shutters to project images onto screens.
- Monitor operations to ensure that standards for sound and image projection quality are met.
- Operate equipment to show films in a number of theaters simultaneously.
- Splice separate film reels, advertisements, and movie trailers together to form a feature-length presentation on one continuous reel.
- Inspect movie films to ensure that they are complete and in good condition.
- Set up and adjust picture projectors and screens to achieve proper size, illumination, and focus of images, and proper volume and tone of sound.
- Inspect projection equipment prior to operation to ensure proper working order.
- Perform regular maintenance tasks such as rotating or replacing xenon bulbs, cleaning lenses, lubricating machinery, and keeping electrical contacts clean and tight.
- Remove film splicing to prepare films for shipment after showings and return films to their sources.