Baggage Porters & Bellhops
Description : Handle baggage for travelers at transportation terminals or for guests at hotels or similar establishments.
JobTitles : Bellman, Skycap, Sky Cap, Valet, Bell Captain, Bell Person, Bellhop, Doorman, Ground Support Agent, Bellperson
- Transfer luggage, trunks, and packages to and from rooms, loading areas, vehicles, or transportation terminals, by hand or using baggage carts.
- Greet incoming guests and escort them to their rooms.
- Receive and mark baggage by completing and attaching claim checks.
- Supply guests or travelers with directions, travel information, and other information such as available services and points of interest.
- Assist physically challenged travelers and other guests with special needs.
- Transport guests about premises and local areas, or arrange for transportation.
- Maintain clean lobbies or entrance areas for travelers or guests.
- Deliver messages and room service orders, and run errands for guests.
- Act as part of the security team at transportation terminals, hotels, or similar establishments.
- Explain the operation of room features such as locks, ventilation systems, and televisions.