Description : Sell business goods or services, the selling of which requires a technical background equivalent to a baccalaureate degree in engineering.
JobTitles : Account Executive; Account Manager; Customer Engagement Manager; Product Manager; Product Sales Engineer; Sales Engineer; Sales Engineer, Account Manager; Sales Engineer, Engineered Products; Senior Sales Engineer; Technical Sales Engineer
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
- Sell products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use, such as material handling equipment, numerical-control machinery, and computer systems.
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Create sales or service contracts for products or services.
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
- Visit prospective buyers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show samples or catalogs, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages.
- Research and identify potential customers for products or services.