Payroll & Timekeeping Clerks
Description : Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees' time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
JobTitles : Payroll Clerk, Payroll Specialist, Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Administrator, Payroll Assistant, Accounting Technician, Payroll Representative, Personnel Assistant, Payroll and Benefits Specialist, Payroll Technician
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Distribute and collect timecards each pay period.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.