Description : Receive and pay out money. Keep records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions.
JobTitles : Teller, Customer Service Representative (CSR), Bank Teller, Member Services Representative, Account Representative, Customer Relationship Specialist, Customer Service Associate (CSA), Personal Banking Representative, Roving Teller, Teller Coordinator
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Enter customers' transactions into computers to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculate daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Count currency, coins, and checks received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, to prepare them for deposit or shipment to branch banks or the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Order a supply of cash to meet daily needs.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers' checks.
- Prepare and verify cashier's checks.
- Sort and file deposit slips and checks.