Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
Description : Determine eligibility of persons applying to receive assistance from government programs and agency resources, such as welfare, unemployment benefits, social security, and public housing.
JobTitles : Workforce Services Representative (WSR), Eligibility Specialist, Career Consultant, Work Force Advisor, Business Employment Specialist, Client Services Representative, Eligibility Technician, Employment Adjudicator, Employment Specialist, Family Independence Case Manager
- Answer applicants' questions about benefits and claim procedures.
- Interview benefits recipients at specified intervals to certify their eligibility for continuing benefits.
- Interpret and explain information such as eligibility requirements, application details, payment methods, and applicants' legal rights.
- Initiate procedures to grant, modify, deny, or terminate assistance, or refer applicants to other agencies for assistance.
- Compile, record, and evaluate personal and financial data to verify completeness and accuracy, and to determine eligibility status.
- Interview and investigate applicants for public assistance to gather information pertinent to their applications.
- Check with employers or other references to verify answers and obtain further information.
- Keep records of assigned cases, and prepare required reports.
- Schedule benefits claimants for adjudication interviews to address questions of eligibility.
- Prepare applications and forms for applicants for such purposes as school enrollment, employment, and medical services.