Reservation & Transportation Ticket Agents & Travel Clerks
Description : Make and confirm reservations for transportation or lodging, or sell transportation tickets. May check baggage and direct passengers to designated concourse, pier, or track; deliver tickets, contact individuals and groups to inform them of package tours; or provide tourists with travel or transportation information.
JobTitles : Airline Ticket Agent, Airport Sales Agent, Customer Service Agent, Reservation Agent, Reservationist, Reservations Agent, Reservations and Ticketing Agent, Station Agent, Ticket Agent, Tour Sales Representative
- Examine passenger documentation to determine destinations and to assign boarding passes.
- Trace lost, delayed, or misdirected baggage for customers.
- Check baggage and cargo and direct passengers to designated locations for loading.
- Provide boarding or disembarking assistance to passengers needing special assistance.
- Confer with customers to determine their service requirements and travel preferences.
- Announce arrival and departure information, using public address systems.
- Determine whether space is available on travel dates requested by customers, assigning requested spaces when available.
- Assemble and issue required documentation, such as tickets, travel insurance policies, and itineraries.
- Maintain computerized inventories of available passenger space and provide information on space reserved or available.
- Inform clients of essential travel information, such as travel times, transportation connections, and medical and visa requirements.