Postal Service Mail Carriers
Description : Sort mail for delivery. Deliver mail on established route by vehicle or on foot.
JobTitles : Letter Carrier, City Letter Carrier, Rural Carrier Associate (RCA), Mail Carrier, City Mail Carrier, Rural Mail Carrier, Mail Carrier Technician, Rural Route Carrier, Letter Carrier Technician, USPS Letter Carrier (United States Postal Service Letter Carrier)
- Obtain signed receipts for registered, certified, and insured mail, collect associated charges, and complete any necessary paperwork.
- Sort mail for delivery, arranging it in delivery sequence.
- Deliver mail to residences and business establishments along specified routes by walking or driving, using a combination of satchels, carts, cars, and small trucks.
- Return to the post office with mail collected from homes, businesses, and public mailboxes.
- Turn in money and receipts collected along mail routes.
- Sign for cash-on-delivery and registered mail before leaving the post office.
- Record address changes and redirect mail for those addresses.
- Hold mail for customers who are away from delivery locations.
- Bundle mail in preparation for delivery or transportation to relay boxes.
- Leave notices telling patrons where to collect mail that could not be delivered.