Weatherization Installers & Technicians
Description : Perform a variety of activities to weatherize homes and make them more energy efficient. Duties include repairing windows, insulating ducts, and performing heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) work. May perform energy audits and advise clients on energy conservation measures.
JobTitles : Building Analyst/Supervisor, Director of Housing and Energy Services, Energy Administrator, Energy Assistant, Energy Auditor, Energy Conservation Director, Housing Director, Lead Weatherization Installer-Technician, Weatherization Director, Weatherization Installer
- Test and diagnose air flow systems, using furnace efficiency analysis equipment.
- Inspect buildings to identify required weatherization measures, including repair work, modification, or replacement.
- Maintain activity logs, financial transaction logs, or other records of weatherization work performed.
- Apply insulation materials such as loose, blanket, board, and foam insulation to attics, crawl spaces, basements, or walls.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of bids, contracts, or written reports related to weatherization work.
- Install and seal air ducts, combustion air openings, or ventilation openings to improve heating and cooling efficiency.
- Recommend weatherization techniques to clients in accordance with needs and applicable energy regulations, codes, policies, or statutes.
- Explain energy conservation measures, such as the use of low flow showerheads and energy efficient lighting.
- Explain recommendations, policies, procedures, requirements, or other related information to residents or building owners.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment.