Roustabouts, Oil & Gas
Description : Assemble or repair oil field equipment using hand and power tools. Perform other tasks as needed.
JobTitles : Roustabout, Roustabout Pusher, Roustabout Hand, Floor Hand, Oil Field Roustabout, Rig Hand, Roustabout Crew Leader, Roustabout Crew Pusher, Production Roustabout, Galley Hand
- Keep pipe deck and main deck areas clean and tidy.
- Unscrew or tighten pipes, casing, tubing, and pump rods, using hand and power wrenches and tongs.
- Walk flow lines to locate leaks, using electronic detectors and by making visual inspections, and repair the leaks.
- Move pipes to and from trucks, using truck winches and motorized lifts, or by hand.
- Bolt together pump and engine parts.
- Guide cranes to move loads about decks.
- Supply equipment to rig floors as requested, and provide assistance to roughnecks.
- Dismantle and repair oil field machinery, boilers, and steam engine parts, using hand tools and power tools.
- Clean up spilled oil by bailing it into barrels.
- Dig drainage ditches around wells and storage tanks.