Cutting & Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
Description : Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut or slice materials, such as glass, stone, cork, rubber, tobacco, food, paper, or insulating material.
JobTitles : Cutter Operator, Cutter, Machine Operator, Paper Cutter, Skiver Operator, Die Cutter Operator, Slitter, Cutting Pressman, Flat Cutter, Sheeter
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring devices such as rulers, micrometers, or scales.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut or slice materials, such as glass, stone, cork, rubber, tobacco, food, paper, or insulating material.
- Stack and sort cut material for packaging, further processing, or shipping, according to types and sizes of material.
- Review work orders, blueprints, specifications, or job samples to determine components, settings, and adjustments for cutting and slicing machines.
- Type instructions on computer keyboards, push buttons to activate computer programs, or manually set cutting guides, clamps, and knives.
- Remove defective or substandard materials from machines, and readjust machine components so that products meet standards.
- Press buttons, pull levers, or depress pedals to start and operate cutting and slicing machines.
- Adjust machine controls to alter position, alignment, speed, or pressure.
- Maintain production records, such as quantities, types, and dimensions of materials produced.
- Monitor operation of cutting or slicing machines to detect malfunctions or to determine whether supplies need replenishment.