Airfield Operations Specialists
Description : Ensure the safe takeoff and landing of commercial and military aircraft. Duties include coordination between air-traffic control and maintenance personnel; dispatching; using airfield landing and navigational aids; implementing airfield safety procedures; monitoring and maintaining flight records; and applying knowledge of weather information.
JobTitles : Airport Duty Manager, Airport Operations Coordinator, Airport Operations Manager, Airport Operations Officer, Airport Operations Specialist, Assistant Manager Airside Operations, Flight Follower, Operations Agent, Operations Coordinator, Operations Supervisor
- Implement airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
- Assist in responding to aircraft and medical emergencies.
- Manage wildlife on and around airport grounds.
- Coordinate with agencies such as air traffic control, civil engineers, and command posts to ensure support of airfield management activities.
- Plan and coordinate airfield construction.
- Perform and supervise airfield management activities, including mobile airfield management functions.
- Coordinate communications between air traffic control and maintenance personnel.
- Train operations staff.
- Monitor the arrival, parking, refueling, loading, and departure of all aircraft.
- Provide aircrews with information and services needed for airfield management and flight planning.