Automotive & Watercraft Service Attendants
Description : Service automobiles, buses, trucks, boats, and other automotive or marine vehicles with fuel, lubricants, and accessories. Collect payment for services and supplies. May lubricate vehicle, change motor oil, install antifreeze, or replace lights or other accessories, such as windshield wiper blades or fan belts. May repair or replace tires.
JobTitles : Gas Station Cashier, Cleaner/Shifter, Gas Attendant, Service Station Attendant, Attendant, Gas Pumper, Clerk, Customer Service Representative, Fuel Attendant, Gas Station Attendant
- Collect cash payments from customers and make change or charge purchases to customers' credit cards and provide customers with receipts.
- Activate fuel pumps and fill fuel tanks of vehicles with gasoline or diesel fuel to specified levels.
- Prepare daily reports of fuel, oil, and accessory sales.
- Clean parking areas, offices, restrooms, or equipment and remove trash.
- Check air pressure in vehicle tires; and levels of fuel, motor oil, transmission, radiator, battery, and other fluids; and add air, oil, water, or other fluids, as required.
- Clean windshields, and/or wash and wax vehicles.
- Provide customers with information about local roads or highways.
- Perform minor repairs, such as adjusting brakes, replacing spark plugs, or changing engine oil or filters.
- Order stock and price and shelve incoming goods.
- Rotate, test, and repair or replace tires.